Thank you so much to Positive Snapshot for nominating me for the Liebster award! It is always rewarding to be seen my others and be discovered, that is after all the reason I started my blog. Stories need to be told and I thank you all for the support. I know a lot of people view these as spam, but in reality this award in particular brings new readers to otherwise unknown blogs. It is a way for the writer to open up more and create a more close-nit reader community, which I find extremely important. For everyone I have nominated, along with those nominated in the future, I hope you accept the award and take it as a way to share your story as I have accepted to share mine, along with get the word out for others who might be new to this whole thing and don’t have a community just yet. We all start somewhere. Hope you enjoy learning a little bit more about myself!
So Here are the rules:
– Thank the blogger who nominated you
– Answer the 11 questions set by the blogger
– Give 11 facts about yourself
– Nominate 11 bloggers with less than 200 followers
– Let the 11 other bloggers know you’ve nominated them, and give them 11 new questions for them to answer.
1.What is your occupation?
Full time student currently a senior at my local college pursing an education degree.
2.Where is your favorite holiday destination?
Although I have not traveled much, my favorite destination would be Sorrento, Italy. The atmosphere is spectacular and the views are to die for. Plus it is warm and what is a vacation without some heat.
3.Do you like pets and do you have any?
I overall am an animal person, but sadly at this moment I am without any pets. My beloved dog Ginger passed away 2 years ago and I haven’t been able to adopt ever since. After graduation I do plan on rescuing an older cat.
4.What is your favorite color?
I have always one to say that I don’t have a favorite color, but if I had to pick it would be burgundy just because it is so catching to my eyes. Plus it’s a color that I look good in, so why no choose it as your favorite.
5.Do you have a middle name?
Sadly, yes. Ann.
6.What is your favorite restaurant?
My favorite restaurant would be Plaza Azteca because it holds so many fond memories. Mexican cuisine is my favorite and Plaza has some amazing choices, also at amazing prices!
7.Do you like cleaning?
Not really, I mean I have those days where all I do is clean but that’s more of a nervous habit that a real desire to clean.
8.Do you like cooking?
I love cooking! In fact on my ever growing list of things to accomplish is learning how to cook. I can cook the basics but to actually learn from a pro would be amazing.
9.What’s your favorite drink?
Root beer hands down.
10.How did you come up with the name of your blog?
I was talking with my significant other and brainstorming what would fit well with the plan of my blog. I found that each part of my life is broken into fragments but together it all makes up who I am. And that is how Familiar Fragments was born.
11.Have you traveled much?
Honestly not really, but the destinations I have been to have been pretty extreme. For my 16th birthday my family went to Italy and for my 21st birthday this past summer we went to the Bahamas. In the states themselves though I haven’t really ventured out, but that is also on the ever growing list of things to do.
11 Facts About Myself:
- Seafood makes me sick (not allergic though…)
- Every time I go thrifting I tend to buy at least one hideous item (because it deserves saving)
- When I’m nervous or thinking I rub my hands together (strange habit)
- I have a slight obsession with headband bows
- I refused to go to a rated R movie until I was actually 17 (because it was illegal…)
- My dream trip would be to go to Japan
- I have slept with the same pillow every night since I was 7 years old
- Before I had my Nikon D80 I shot film with my mothers camera
- My favorite item to photograph is flowers and landscapes
- I snort when I laugh really really hard (its the worst)
- I must always eat something sweet after a meal, otherwise I feel empty
Ann Marie Amick
Finding A Place For Me
This Guy Photography
Counting Each Minute
11 Questions For You:
- Why did you start your blog?
- What is a dream destination for you to visit?
- What is the best meal you have ever eaten?
- If you just inherited a large sum of money what would you do with it first?
- Are you an animal person?
- Do you have one habit you would like to kick?
- Who has influenced you most in life?
- What has been your greatest accomplish in life thus far?
- Would you rather live in a warm or cold climate?
- What is your favorite season?
- If you could give away anything what would it be? (advice, material item, etc…)